Working in Port Douglas is wonderful. Well, at least for me it is perfectly delightful! As I write this I’m sitting in a beautiful part of the world that I call Paradise, and focused and working with an amazing client.
The warm weather, the walks on the Four Mile Beach or other beaches each morning and watching the spectacular sunrises over water are all part of the attraction for me. Those of you who know me will also know that I take photos. How many photos of a sunrise can a girl take? It seems the answer it loads!!
It is a perfect way to begin each and every day by walking along the beach, looking and listening and reminding myself of all that I am grateful for.
Living in Melbourne has its benefits, although in winter I am rather sluggish and struggle to get out of bed. The weather is chilly and I often feel gloomy or a little blue.
One thing I realised very early on in my business is that I wanted to build a business with an option to work from anywhere I choose. And Port Douglas is one of those places.
If you are not where you want to be, doing what you want to do, it could be time to ask yourself this very question. Am I where I want to be, doing what I want to do?
If the answer is no, to either part of the question, take a look at how you can make some changes to your life or business to make this happen.
Even if you are running your own business wouldn’t it be even more wonderful to work in a city, town, or country you love?
Port Douglas I first visited in 1999, for a holiday for 2 weeks and it was then I made the decision to come back often, or at least once a year. Once I began my business, I set a goal to run a Retreat here at least once a year or even twice a year. Now I am running #9 and loving every day.
Some of the things I love about Port Douglas … but not all…
- The weather – it’s warm to walk out to the beach before sunrise
- It feels as though I’m on a holiday even though I’m working
- It’s a very beautiful and scenic part of the world
- Spending time by the ocean is very therapeutic (the evidence is well documented)
- There is great accommodation for whatever is required at the price range that suits
- Finding fantastic coffee is easy!! (we all need great coffee!!)
- Clients work with complete focus without the day to day distractions from home
- There is everything needed in the small and interesting village
- Great restaurants
- Loads of variety of places to visit and see within a short distance
- Easy to get to – a flight to Cairns and a bus to Port Douglas
Many people think I live in Port Douglas because of all the photos and comments I post on Social Media … no, it a place I love to visit and work because I can and because it is my choice.
I have made this happen and so can you.
It gives me such a wonderful feeling of freedom as well as the opportunity to be in a place I love while I work with my clients.
Do you have a special place you love to visit?
Leave a comment and share your thoughts.
Until next time.