There is a certain quietness and beauty within the busy surrounds if you choose to see it.
On a recent trip to Southern India I realised many things I was grateful for amongst the contrast of colour, noise and beauty.
Here is my list of observations … in no particular order:
- Slow down
- Less is more
- There is happiness to be found in a simple lifestyle
- Allow yourself to be nurtured
- If you cannot move forward on the path you are on, choose another path
- There are many ways to communicate when you do not speak the same language
- Live a life of gratitude and watch your world change for the better
- Be generous
- Say thank you, Namaste, much more often than you do
- Accepts gifts with grace
- Be adventurous – there is a great big world out there to explore
- Step out of your comfort zone often – life is much more exciting there, and you may learn something you do not already know!
- Be curious – that is how you learn
- Find your voice and use it. Be specific about what it is you want.
- Notice the beauty all around you
- You can and will survive without the internet!!
- You will be safe going against the flow
- Be prepared to wait for what you want
- Surround yourself with like minded, loving, caring people who get you and support you.
- Tap into and live in your feminine energy and notice the changes within and around you
- Ask the Universe, (God, whoever/whatever that is for you) for what you want
- Be prepared to learn from others and from what is happening around you
- Acknowledge your feelings
- Share your feelings
- Tell the people you love, you love them.
- You and only you, are 100% responsible for the decisions you make
- Be playful and laugh more
- Travel broadens your horizons
- Look after yourself
- Look out for others
- Shop with women who are honest!!
- Have FUN!
- Don’t sweat the small stuff
- Enjoy every moment of your life
- Get more sleep – it is good for you
- Drink more water than you think you need
- Be aware of your innermost feelings
- Trust your gut feelings – if you think something is not quite right it probably isn’t
- Practice Yoga
- Watch the sunrise
- Be aware of the birds and wildlife around you, you can learn from them.
- Give complements – people like to be acknowledged and it may be the very best thing that happens to them in a day
- Really listen.
- Turn off your phone and look at what is going on around you
- The mind is clearer without coffee and alcohol !!
- The sun will still come up tomorrow if you do not listen to and watch the news!
- Trust – everything will be alright, even if you are not in charge!
- It is easy to forget what you have experienced and learnt when you arrive home and get back into your routine. Take the time to reflect and to put into place all the things you told yourself you would change when you are home.
Yes, I do plan to travel back to India. It changed my life. Stay tuned as I will certainly be sharing more of my experience over the two wonderful weeks I spent travelling in Southern India.
I’d love to hear about your thoughts or travels to India. Leave a message below I’d love to know of your experiences.