I have been reminded this week as I worked with my clients during my Port Douglas Residential, that when you are starting out in business and move from being stuck to moving forward, many things appear urgent and the structure you want to have goes right out the window. During the 5 days the ladies working on their business became very busy.
When you move from not being busy to getting clients coming your way, speaking gigs to be booked in, admin to complete, phone calls to return, blogs to write, emails to send, prospect to call, fb posts to post, new systems to learn … I could go on and on … it can be more than hectic.
Very often you will move from procrastinating and being stuck to being busy and overwhelmed.
When you are reactive and answering the whims of everyone around you, you will often be busy doing the things that you believe to be urgent and important. You will become stuck again in a never ending cycle of busyness and the results will still not come your way. This type of reactive behavior will leave you exhausted.
Reassess and remind yourself of the big picture of your business. Become crystal clear on where you are heading and why. Revisit your vision and ultimate plan for your business and understand what is important. Very often the things you are rushing to complete are not important at that very time.
Her are some simple tips that will help you be more organised …
- Take some time out and break the habits you have created.
- Work with a mentor who can support and guide you.
- Value your time.
- Take time to learn and understand anything you are not confidant doing.
- Use a diary and stick to it.
- Outsource tasks you do not have to complete yourself.
- List 5 things you are going to focus on for the day.
- Set an intention for every week and every day and write it down where you will look at it as a reminder.
- Prioritise your diary.
- Be flexible.
- Have absolute clarity around where you are heading.
- Complete everything you start.
- Take the next step before you become stuck.
- Nurture yourself and keep your energy levels up.
Understand most of all that not everything you must do IS urgent.